Today I celebrated 26 years of life! I feel like I have been celebrating all month with my friends and family. I had a wonderful time in New York this month, I have received almost all of my birthday freebies, and I got a hot stone massage today. After I graduated college, I almost despised each passing birthday. I felt as if all of the hard work I did during my younger years was not paying off. I was not where I wanted to be, did not have many friends, and was unhappy. This year, however, was different. I noticed myself smiling more and laughing…not dreading turning another year older. It might have to do with me changing my perspective on how I see things in my life. I am trying not to compare myself and my “accomplishments” with others. I am trying to get rid of the things that are holding me back from being successful. And I truly believe these changes in my thinking are having a positive impact on my life.
So with that said, I wanted to share 26 things that I am grateful for, from this past year (these are in no particular order).
- Crossing “visiting Barcelona” off of my bucket list
- Seeing and getting my book signed by my favorite author, Sarah Dessen
- Seeing Brian McKnight in concert
- Going on my first mission trip
- Moving into my own apartment
- Making it this far in life
- My health
- My family (their health and our close relationship)
- Being pushed out of my comfort zones many times
- My church, Lifepoint, and Pastor Daniel
- A job with a stable income
- Seeing two August Wilson plays (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom; Jitney)
- Forming new friendships
- Maintaining my older friendships
- Freedom through Christ
- Many answered prayers
- Being able to finally visit Atlanta
- Attending my first wedding as a guest
- Being blessed abundantly by God
- Ability to help others through my job and in life in general
- Ability to act on some of my passions (such as having my own blog)
- Visiting Los Angeles
- Seeing my sister graduate from college
- Completing my Master’s degree while working full-time
- Ability to experience God’s creation
- All the lessons life has taught me about love, relationships, and living life to the fullest
I appreciate each and every one of you that reads and subscribes to my blog. It has been a great past year and I am excited about the next year. When life is trying to bring you down, I encourage you to make a list of the things you are grateful for as well.
Thanks for reading. Please share, like, and comment below.